We are proud to offer force free, reward based, behaviour consultations and one to one training in Cheltenham, Gloucester and surrounding areas.
Having owned challenging dogs, we understand what it is like to live with a dog with behavioural and training needs and we aim to help and support you through this time.
This service is mainly provided by Behaviourists Helen and Sophie, although trainer Correna may hold one to one sessions where relevant to her skill set and location.
Helen has been training dogs professionally for over a decade, including working as an Assistant Manager of a Dog Rescue and most recently as Behaviourist at Cheltenham Animal Shelter, therefore has experience of working with a wide range of breeds and behavioural issues - including aggression.
Helen is a trained Reiki Teacher and Kinesiologist, for people, and has successfully incorporated these therapies into behaviour consults where the owners anxieties have had an impact on the behaviour of the dog.
Sophie is also able to offer Behaviour consults and, with a Masters qualification, may suit those who would like a more standard approach.
Being both trained in Reiki, Helen and Correna find their calm, grounded approach is of great benefit when working with nervous and rescued dogs. Although the initial Behaviour Consult is carried out by Behaviourists Helen or Sophie, we may occasionally ask Trainer Correna to do the follow up session depending on location and skill set needed.
Our approach is based on time, patience and working at the best pace for each individual dog.
We are here to guide and support you through your dogs rehabilitation.
"Helen has an exceptional talent to help animals and their guardians to heal, regain confidence and maintain optimal health. She has a unique and wonderful understanding of animals and their needs.
If the animal appears to have a behavioural issue, Helen is able to pinpoint and heal the cause - paving the way for a more loving and understanding partnership between the animal and their guardian. Thank you Helen! I can't recommend you enough for all that you do!" ~ Misty & the terriers :)
Behaviour Consultation, Dog to Dog Reactivity.
"Helen has helped me with training and explained in a manner that my husband and I can better understand our dogs struggling behaviour problem and therefore we are better equipped to help her.
All other trainers in the past just put her under more stress and added to her problem and so she suffered in silence.
Please, please, hand on heart I wish Helen was here years ago when I had my first dog as she would have saved me a lot of guilt. Please be careful of the dog trainers you pick."
Lydia & Cahira (Beagle)
Specialist Dog Training
Dog AID Training
Please contact Dog AID if you feel that you meet the criteria.
Fantastic Fido Sessions
- School Reading and Therapy Dogs
- Autistic Child Support Pet Dog Training
- Home Assistance Dog Training
Private Training Sessions
- £40 for 1-1.5 hours
- or £120 for 4 sessions
- 11-15 miles = £5
- 16-20 miles = £10
- 21-25 miles = £15
Beginner Courses - 5 months old +
Topics covered in Beginner Classes include:
- Responding to name
- Default Behaviour / Self Control
- Sit, Down, Stand
- Come when called
- Play biting
- House training
- Preventing jumping up
- Socialisation and how to prevent the world seeming like a
- Appropriate play with other dogs
- Preventing future behaviour problems.
Private Beginner Course cost £200 for and includes:
- A 30 minute Skype consult if required.
- 6 x 60-90 minute training sessions in your home, park or other suitable venue.
- Log on to Client Page resources
- Certificate of Attendance / APDT Good Companion Award and Rosette (if passed)
- 12 weeks email support
- A client only Facebook Group for support and information sharing.
- 2 Social Walks (one in a secure paddock)
- 10% off Progression Classes if continuing straight on.
Rescue Dog Packages
Please contact us for further information about how we can best help your rescue dog.
Do I need a 1-2-1 session or Behaviour Consult?
- Two to Three hour consult
- 60-90 minute follow up session
- Holistic therapies if required
- Client and Vet Report
- 6 months follow up support via email
- 3 30 minute Skype follow ups if required
- Access to client page of the website with lots of useful resources.
Dog consultation: £180
- Three home visits
- Client and vet reports
- 6 months follow-up support via phone and email
- written instructions for all training exercises.
Further follow-up visits: £45
Additional mileage charges may apply for consultations more than 20 miles from Cheltenham.